The International Council for Advertising Self-Regulation (ICAS) was launched in October 2016 with the aim of promoting more ethics in advertising thanks to efficient industry self-regulation. The organisation provides a platform to discuss solutions to the global challenges faced by the advertising industry. It is a truly global organisation, bringing together major players in the advertising sector from Asia Pacific, America, Africa and the Middle East, and Europe.
The objectives of ICAS are:
- To allow advertising self-regulatory organisations (SROs) and the advertising industry to have an international contact point to connect, build knowledge and share best practices around responsible marketing;
- To support the establishment of SROs in countries where they don’t exist;
- To help maintain and strengthen existing SROs at national level;
- To promote the benefits of self-regulation as a policy alternative towards global decision-makers.
More information on the organization and its members is available at https://icas.global
You will be responsible for leading and coordinating the work of ICAS. As the main and only contact person, you will report directly to the ICAS President and the ICAS Executive Committee. You will be in charge of managing the organization on a daily basis, covering all aspects of ICAS’s activities from communications to advocacy and managing the budget.
- Helping ICAS Executive Committee deliver on its action plan;
- Drafting policy papers and reports, including fact-finding surveys;
- Managing internal and external communications, including the ICAS website, extranet, newsletter and social media;
- Organizing and taking part in meetings, including statutory meetings (General Meeting, Executive Committee);
- Performing some administrative tasks related to the governance of the association (e.g. drafting meeting minutes) and the management of the accounts (invoicing members, preparing the budget, etc.).
- Handling member inquiries and acting as a trusted adviser on all issues related to global advertising self-regulation.
We are looking for a self-starter who is able to juggle many different tasks and work independently. To be suitable for this role, you should have the following skills:
- A strong sense of initiative and the ability to work independently, with minimal support and guidance;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Diplomatic skills to operate effectively in an international, multi-cultural environment;
- Fluency in English (native or equivalent), with an eye for detail in written communications. Ability to work in a second language would be an asset (e.g. Spanish, French);
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in communications and/or association management. Work experience in the advertising sector would be a plus but is not required.
What we offer
- A competitive package, to be negotiated based on experience
- Flexible working hours
- Room for initiative and for displaying leadership
- The possibility to work from home and/or to use an office in central Brussels
- Occasional international travel
How to apply
Send your resume and cover letter (no more than 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “ICAS Manager” in the subject line. The deadline for applying is Monday 20 January 2020.
We seek to fill the position as soon as possible.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.